The Painter and Prepper
Aviation GSE is on the hunt for a full-time painter and prepper to work in our paint shop. The ideal candidate is an dynamic personality that can be relied on to follow deadlines with minimal to no supervision.
TWO OPENINGS AVAILABLE
- Quality inspection on vehicles prior to painting, mixing paint and painting of the vehicles.
- Make pre-booth quality checks on vehicles to be painted
- Adhere to all safety rules in disposing and handling hazardous materials.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas
- Help with mask paper, prep work for the car
- Maintain or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective coats
- Maintain or operate automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- File, grind, sand and smooth repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from paint
- Repair and remove dents, using hammers
- experience using a sandblaster for industrial equipment
Other qualifications Read, write, speak EnglishAttention to detailAbility to follow instructionsExperience in a chemical industrial environmentExperience in a production/warehouse environmentAble to lift 50 poundsBe able to operate fork lift
- High school or equivalent Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
*If you feel you are up to the task, please do apply with your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, Aviation GSE will only contact applicants that are qualifiable for an interview. Should you be selected for an interview, please come prepared with a copy of your resume and proof of qualifications (references, certification numbers etc.)*